Dr Lance West is an experienced and highly regarded oral and maxillofacial surgeon, based in Remuera, Auckland. After graduating BDS at the University of Otago in 1976, Lance trained in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Royal London Hospital and the Royal Dental Hospital in London. In the course of his career he become a Fellow of the following Royal Colleges:
- 1982 – Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- 1983 – Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 1986 – Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (General Stream)
- 1987 – Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Lance has been practising Oral and Maxillofacial surgery in Auckland since 1987. He is highly experienced in treating facial injuries such as jaw fractures and damage to other facial bones. Other areas of expertise include:
- Dental implants and surgery (bone and soft tissue reconstruction)
- Surgical correction of the jaws and facial deformities
- Wisdom tooth extraction
- Minor orthodontic procedures such as impacted and unerupted teeth
As a part-time Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with the Auckland District Health Board, Lance specialises in the correction of skeletal facial deformities and trauma.
To book an appointment with Dr Lance West, please visit the Contact Us page.